Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

(3.3TT) Another Front Brake/Rotor Problem... Lost For Words

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Im the happy owner of a 2020 GT2 Stinger, I love the car, by far one of the best all around I've owned! (I had a 1997 , 911 Turbo)
having said that
the Breaks Issue has been and continues to be a big problem.

1st of
Every single Kia service dealer manager that I have taken my car for service about
my breaks problem with the Stinger knows about this problem.
Here's where I had the car serviced:
Bridgewater NJ Kia, Dallas TX Southwest Kia, Fremont CA Wynn Kia

The Breaks where not engineered correctly for this almost perfect price-performance GT sports sedan.
We are all paying the extra price for this critical and poorly engineered part of our cars.
I am now on my 3rd set of break rotors and pads. My car now has 42,300 Miles.
So I'm basically getting around 14,000 miles per rotor & pad set (all 4)

The 1st two sets I just had them replaced with the Kia recommended solution (bad idea)
I wish I would have search for this forum 1st
The current set, a performance package recommended by the Kia service manager at Bridgewater NJ Kia
is now failing too (shaking when braking).
Here's my current setup:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWR-K8510-26
Power Stop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Upgrade Kits
Disc Brake Kit, PowerStop - F&R Z26 Street Performance Brake Pad and Drilled & Slotted Rotor Kit

To me, It is beyond any doubt that The Breaks where not engineered correctly.
If I was a lawyer (I'm not)
I would be collecting signatures for a a petition or something from all the US Stinger owners
to have Kia rectify and replace the breaks at their expense.

I'm about to replace the rotors and the pads again (4th time)
I will replace them after I drive from Fremont CA to Dallas this coming week.

Can you guys tell me what is the absolute best performing and lasting
breaks rotor & pad set based on experience.
I will like this next set to last a longer than the 14K miles I'm getting, maybe 30K miles...

Thank you all!
A lot of guys have bought 2 piece rotors & performance pads, I personally bought FELLA 2 piece rotors an posi performance pads, all four corners. I also bought steel braided brake lines & I also changed out the brake fluid, I can tell you that the car brakes completely different.

I've never had a problem with my brakes, but I also don't drive my car every day because I don't work, but when I brake hard the car stops. Here some websites to buy some.

Rotors : Khartunerz, It's Never Finished
Kia Stinger 3.3T - Fella Lightweight Brake Rotors Upgrade – K8 Stinger Store
Kia Stinger - Fella Big Brake Kit – K8 Stinger Store
Kia Stinger 3.3T - GiroDisc Brake Rotors – K8 Stinger Store

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
Im the happy owner of a 2020 GT2 Stinger, I love the car, by far one of the best all around I've owned! (I had a 1997 , 911 Turbo)
having said that
the Breaks Issue has been and continues to be a big problem.

1st of
Every single Kia service dealer manager that I have taken my car for service about
my breaks problem with the Stinger knows about this problem.
Here's where I had the car serviced:
Bridgewater NJ Kia, Dallas TX Southwest Kia, Fremont CA Wynn Kia

The Breaks where not engineered correctly for this almost perfect price-performance GT sports sedan.
We are all paying the extra price for this critical and poorly engineered part of our cars.
I am now on my 3rd set of break rotors and pads. My car now has 42,300 Miles.
So I'm basically getting around 14,000 miles per rotor & pad set (all 4)

The 1st two sets I just had them replaced with the Kia recommended solution (bad idea)
I wish I would have search for this forum 1st
The current set, a performance package recommended by the Kia service manager at Bridgewater NJ Kia
is now failing too (shaking when braking).
Here's my current setup:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWR-K8510-26
Power Stop Z26 Street Warrior Brake Upgrade Kits
Disc Brake Kit, PowerStop - F&R Z26 Street Performance Brake Pad and Drilled & Slotted Rotor Kit

To me, It is beyond any doubt that The Breaks where not engineered correctly.
If I was a lawyer (I'm not)
I would be collecting signatures for a a petition or something from all the US Stinger owners
to have Kia rectify and replace the breaks at their expense.

I'm about to replace the rotors and the pads again (4th time)
I will replace them after I drive from Fremont CA to Dallas this coming week.

Can you guys tell me what is the absolute best performing and lasting
breaks rotor & pad set based on experience.
I will like this next set to last a longer than the 14K miles I'm getting, maybe 30K miles...

Thank you all!
Why are you replacing all 4 at the same time? I had brake vibration like many, but replacing the front fixed the problem. Still have the original rear brakes at 24,000 miles.

Front brakes I have on my car part numbers below. These are also fairly affordable. Are they the best brakes no, but they are also not $2,000 for a set. They are everyday daily driver brakes.
Front brake pads. Advics AD2145
Front brake rotors. Advics R6F329U

I made a video that basically covers everything kind of long, but if anyone is interested. My car is a G70 same brakes as the stinger no difference.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RR2020GT2

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 2020
Why are you replacing all 4 at the same time? I had brake vibration like many, but replacing the front fixed the problem. Still have the original rear brakes at 24,000 miles.

Front brakes I have on my car part numbers below. These are also fairly affordable. Are they the best brakes no, but they are also not $2,000 for a set. They are everyday daily driver brakes.
Front brake pads. Advics AD2145
Front brake rotors. Advics R6F329U

I made a video that basically covers everything kind of long, but if anyone is interested. My car is a G70 same brakes as the stinger no difference.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Good info in your post
Thank you.

I will look into just replacing the fronts, also just replacing the pads 1st and see what happens.
I need a higher performance option as I drive pretty fast and break hard
here are the pads im looking at:
https://www.khartunerz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_11_257_284&products_id=1624
EBC KIA Stinger Bluestuff Brembo Front Brake Pads 2019 – 2023

Thanks again!

RR2020GT2

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 2020
A lot of guys have bought 2 piece rotors & performance pads, I personally bought FELLA 2 piece rotors an posi performance pads, all four corners. I also bought steel braided brake lines & I also changed out the brake fluid, I can tell you that the car brakes completely different.

I've never had a problem with my brakes, but I also don't drive my car every day because I don't work, but when I brake hard the car stops. Here some websites to buy some.

Rotors : Khartunerz, It's Never Finished
Kia Stinger 3.3T - Fella Lightweight Brake Rotors Upgrade – K8 Stinger Store
Kia Stinger - Fella Big Brake Kit – K8 Stinger Store
Kia Stinger 3.3T - GiroDisc Brake Rotors – K8 Stinger Store
Many Good options
Thank you!