Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Coilovers v. Springs

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT1 -Ceramic Silver
I just picked up a 2022 GT1 (no ECS), I'm deciding between lowering springs and coilovers.

-So far I've read at least a few members have preferred the springs/sway bars/mando over coilovers on their stingers with ECS. However would love some input on coilovers vs. springs on a non-ECS stringer.

-Also, any camber issues with the H&R springs, don't want to be running through tires super quick.

-Would also like to put spacers, anyone have any inputs on combo setup with coilover/springs and spacers that people are running without having any rubbing issues.

Thanks !

I previously had a Bmw 335, with the KW K1 coilovers and loved it. Had an S4 with H&R springs did not like it at all, (think shocks went bad pretty quick).

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, you answered your own question, get the coilovers. I run the Eibach pro springs but I also have ECS and i'm trying to get some coilovers that work with the ECS. The only brand I can find is ECOTECH Coilovers in Korea and there not cheap.

I have the widest wheel you can run on the back which is a 19x11 50 with a 295 with no spacers. As long as your Alignment is done right you shouldn't have any tire issues, just make sure the alignment shop you go to knows how to align a stinger.