Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Does this light indicate a malfunction?

analyzzer

Reactions
City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 Stinger AWD Touring Edition
I just got a new Stinger and have only driven it a few times. I just noticed the 2 lights shown below are always on when there is no passenger in the car and go out when someone is in the seat. Note one light to the left of "passenger air bag" and one to the right. The manual clearly explains the one on the right that says "off", and that light appears to be working as expected. But the manual does not clearly explain the one on the left, and I'm not sure if it is indicating a malfunction or not. The manual has a table that shows when the "off" indicator and the "warning" indicator should be illuminated, and I'm thinking the light on the left may be the "warning" indicator that is mentioned, but it is also possible that the "warning" indicator that is mentioned is the one on the main dashboard. Can anyone else with a 2023 Stinger tell me if both of these lights are on when there is no passenger in the seat?

1674746294144.png

1674747592615.png

Thanks much!

Doug

Thomby

Reactions
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger
I can confirm my 2022 has both lights on with no passenger -- seat wasn't empty, just had a light jacket. Enough weight to trigger the check rear seat warning, so I'm not sure if it considered the seat empty or with someone under the airbag limit, but I think both stay lit even with a totally empty seat.