Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Durability upgrades. Must have.

NikoShark

Reactions
City
Moscow
State
Non-US
Country
Russian Federation
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT 3.3 2019
Hello fellow Stinger owners. Considering that this engine and transmission are fresh I propose to devote this thread to "must have" upgrades that will make the Stinger's life longer. This is not about performance, but reliability.
First thing is oil can. Right? What else would you recommend?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

Attachments

OP
N

NikoShark

Reactions
City
Moscow
State
Non-US
Country
Russian Federation
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT 3.3 2019
Thread Starter #3
thank you for the reply. I am aiming on a thread for a new happy stinger owner who want their stinger to live longer. Like put on OCC, HKS plugs, then change oil then may be some other improvements like extra cooling for transmission (like I had to go with my Infiniti Q70s 5.6) to make stinger work long and stable. All in one thread. Only proved variants.

JR-10/20

Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger
Welcome @NikoShark, It's called a Oil Catch Can, You will need that OCC on the PCV side of engine. Here's a picture on where it goes, the transmission you really don't have to do anything too make it last longer.. Here's a video on how to install a OCC, there's different brands of OCC just pick the one you want.
2018+ Kia Stinger GT Baffled Oil Catch Can Installation Guide by Mishimoto - YouTube
Yeah I saw that video and I don't understand what is being connected. It should be the PCV valve as far as I know since that's what controls the blow by pressure. So that lower connection is a PCV valve correct?

Really makes sense and I don't know why manufacturers continue with this practice? Maybe with a non-turbo it's no big deal but racers would bypass this system all together to get the best performance possible. I really don't know enough about the engine's pollution control to make an informed decision about installing this catch can. It could be just a gimmick or perhaps it's already systems in place for to eliminate contamination of intake air.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
So that lower connection is a PCV valve correct?
Yes that's the PCV, You would be surprised on how much oil the OCC catches. If you don't get one you will be paying to have the top of your valves cleaned, when it starts to build up your car will lose power..

There's videos on youtube that show the oil it catches..

JR-10/20

Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger
Yes that's the PCV, You would be surprised on how much oil the OCC catches. If you don't get one you will be paying to have the top of your valves cleaned, when it starts to build up your car will lose power..

There's videos on youtube that show the oil it catches..
Sounds like good preventative maintenance and only hope that Kia will agree . Does the install void my warranty?

Last edited:

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Sounds like good preventative maintenance and only hope that Kia will agree . Does the install void my warranty?
No it doesn't void the warranty..