Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger received nominations for World Car of the Year

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

Kia products have topped the nomination list for the World Car of the Year Awards with six nominations for its newly launched products around the world.

Indicating Kia?s recent product offensive the WCOTY jurors will be considering the Picanto, Stonic, Niro and Stinger models in two different categories - World Car and World Urban Car.

Director and Vice Chair of the WCOTY Jury, Mike Rutherford commented: "It is nothing short of astonishing that Kia has beaten German giants BMW and Volkswagen into joint second place. On its own it has more nominations than all the legendary American brands put together. That is something nobody would have predicted a decade ago."

Paul Philpott, President and Chief Executive of Kia Motors (UK) Limited said: "Although nominations guarantee nothing, it is very flattering that our new models have received this kind of attention. We are delighted but not flattered that our product offensive has been recognised. We?ll be flattered if one of them wins!"

The World Car of the Year is judged by 83 media jurors from 24 countries and contenders must be available for delivery across large parts of the globe during the first half of 2018.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm not trying to sound like some kind of fanboy but I'd bet money that this Stinger makes Motor Trend's car of the year.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Oh yeah its going to be winning lots of those in '18.

I'm not trying to sound like some kind of fanboy but I'd bet money that this Stinger makes Motor Trend's car of the year.