Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

It Took Me Almost 3 Years. '20 GT

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
It's about time I join the clan here. Ever since KIA said they'd put it into production in mid-2017, I've had my eye on one. I didn't pull the trigger for only God knows why. I've been searching intimately for the past couple months and one popped up in Cincinnati about an hour away from me. It was listed online well under MSRP so I had to call and figure things out. They said they put a carbon wrap on it and powder-coated the wheels black. Just so you know, I am not a fan of black wheels and I am not into the black hood or trunk look. It's too "try-hard" if you will. Online, it showed the car stock with OE wheels and no wrap so I thought that's what I was going to buy. I asked if they would take the wrap off minus the roof because I do like that. I even asked if they would swap the wheels out from another Stinger that were stock. They wouldn't agree to that but they did offer to take the wrap off the hood and trunk and well as the pinstripe down both sides of the car (1980's look I can pass on). They discounted the price of the package to $500 so that seemed okay for just the roof.

I'm taking it in Tuesday for them to remove it and they'll give me a loaner for the time being. All I can say is wow. I remember when I first drove it back in late 2017 and enjoyed every second of it. I've always been one to appreciate under dogs and the Stinger takes a full swing at its competition. I only got on it once of my hour drive home since I do take it slow for the first 500 miles or so after owning a car. I had to go straight to work after I bought it so I took it home, set it in the garage and drove the Grand Prix to work; so here I am. I'll be getting some more photos with it all cleaned up and after the wrap is taken off. Then I'll be able to appreciate it even more!

I'll be posting a video/review on it once I get a day off. I enjoy the differences we have as enthusiasts and I always like to hear what others think around the automotive industry. Talk to you guys/gals soon!

S1.jpg S2.jpg S3.jpg

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
Very nice!! Welcome to the club.....
Enjoy making it your own!

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Very nice!! Welcome to the club.....
Enjoy making it your own!
Thanks man. Won't be doing too much to it as I like the safety of warranty. Ordered some K&N drop-ins and will like do a tune. I've heard mixed reviews between JB4 and LAP3. JB4 is easiest and less intrusive while LAP3 is more intrusive with more power. Not looking for huge gains but just something to make it more fun. We'll see

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Congratulations, car looks great......(y)

Last edited:

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome!

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #6
Dealership took care of the wrap today. Looks much better! Not a fan of the black out but the black wheels/roof combo are growing on me. Added K&N panel filters and it does help with throttle response and upper end power. And no that isn't the placebo effect.... Ran it for 10 or so minutes to let the computer adjust and laid into it - she has more guts especially on the top end.

Pin stripe came off with ease since it's brand new and only took about 15 minutes. I suppose they forgot to do that when they had it. Overall, very pleased with the look and performance of the car. Got her first bath and fill up today (y)

489 miles

Pinstripe:
w5.jpg

Pinstripe removal:
w6.jpg
w7.jpg
w1.jpg
w4.jpg w2.jpg

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Looks good

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Congratulations

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
Looking awesome buddy!

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
What dealer wraps/paints the wheels on a brand new car?

OP
Stingin' Away

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #11
What dealer wraps/paints the wheels on a brand new car?
They did it on two of the Stingers they had, including mine. I talked with the Sales Manager and he stated that is the "in" thing nowadays. I politely told him it would be harder to sell that way with the other two but I get why he does it; trendy. Not in my book.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
They did it on two of the Stingers they had, including mine. I talked with the Sales Manager and he stated that is the "in" thing nowadays. I politely told him it would be harder to sell that way with the other two but I get why he does it; trendy. Not in my book.
Agreed.

Honestly, I never heard of a dealer messing with a new car like that. People's tastes are so varied, it doesn't make sense to personalize any car.

The "in" thing is highly subjective and can easily not be the "in" thing for most other people. Weird ...