Welcome to the #1 Genesis G70 Forum and Genesis G70 community dedicated to Genesis G70 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G70 Forum today!

JB4 for 2022 Stinger Gt-line 2.5L & Stock Draggy Results 0 - 60, 5 - 60 roll

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Hello folks!

Just wondering if anyone with a 2022 Stinger Gt-line did the JB4 thing to their car? Also what other options are there for the 2.5L (hyundai motor) other than JB4 to boost performance. I timed my car on the Draggy:

2022 Stinger GT-line AWD

Sport Mode with Traction Stability all disabled (2 indicators) and using Launch Control.

Valid 0 - 60 best so far was 5.8 seconds (1 ft. rollout...). Worst was 6.5 Seconds. Air temps in the 70s.

Best 5 - 60 (no launching) was 5.63 seconds. Seems there's a slight pause when launching from 0 using launch control... wheels chirp (AWD) then it goes. That just might be the 0.5 sec difference I'm losing...

Ain't seeing no 5.2 seconds yet (1 ft rollout) ~5.5 from zero... =-D. Could be the 91 pisstane out here in SoCal.

Last edited:
OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #2
Here's the valid Draggy on nearly a level road. This car is so much more of an improvement over the 2.0 Model... exterior, interior, technology, engine... wow! I had a 2019 Premium, 2020 GT and this 2022 GT Line AWD is the best overall. I didn't go for the GT this time since the 4 cyl. @ 300 HP was good enough for my wife & I. I still believe I can get another 0.5 seconds off in there if I figure out the launch. There's a slight chirp & hesitation off the start that's costing me time... put it this way... my 5mph - 60mph is quicker than my 0 - 60 launch mode... 5.73 sec 5 - 60 (just idling under 5mph and punch it).

Attachments

Last edited:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Respectable numbers for the 4 banger. 👍

I bet you could take some time off those numbers with an ebrake launch (holding the car in place to build more boost than launch control allows). That (or a jb4) should get you in the low 5s easily.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Respectable numbers for the 4 banger. 👍

I bet you could take some time off those numbers with an ebrake launch (holding the car in place to build more boost than launch control allows). That (or a jb4) should get you in the low 5s easily.
Hello Turbotax! Yeah this thing blows away my 2019 2.0L that I used to have. That was with a totally full tank of gas (~15.0 - 15.9 Gallons). I'll time again when there's about 2 or 3 gallons and cooler temps out (evening) using the eBrake. I did the eBrake before on my 2020 GT AWD and it took it down from 4.6-7 to 4.28-4.38. So I know it helps build boost and with AWD no worry about spinning. :) Jb4 for the Hyundai 2.5L running E20 supposed to add ~ 70WHP.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Best time so far was 5.66! Seems you can't do an EBRake launch with the 2022... I was able with my previous stingers... but not the 2022.. it won't build boost.. just falls flat after releasing EBRake or hangs :/

Last edited:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That stinks. They must be on to us and built in a way to override e-brake launches. 😂

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
That stinks. They must be on to us and built in a way to override e-brake launches. 😂
Could be :) Ordered a JB4 for this car... going to run Map 4 E20 and see how much quickness is gained :p on the G80 2.5L Graph (burger site) it was ~ 70 WHP increase... (254ish to 322ish).

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Could be :) Ordered a JB4 for this car... going to run Map 4 E20 and see how much quickness is gained :p on the G80 2.5L Graph (burger site) it was ~ 70 WHP increase... (254ish to 322ish).
Nice, that should be a little rocket, easily as quick as a stock GT, without the mpg penalty.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
Nice, that should be a little rocket, easily as quick as a stock GT, without the mpg penalty.
I avg. 33 mpg on the expressway (i-15 SoCals... ups & downs).

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #10
Okay... installed the JB4 (beta) and this is result with Map 1 (+2.5 psi) so far... during the day... down to 5.43 sec (1 ft. rollout)
so far...

1636851428204.jpeg

I filled up with E20-E25ish and going to test Map 3 next ... need to connect the CANbus! :p

Last edited:
OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #11
Okay... 5.26 seconds 5 - 60 Map 3 :) Getting there! Sometimes I'm getting a fuel cutoff or limp mode around 5000 rpm 1st - 2nd using launch mode with Map 3. Hmmm... so i had to do 5 - 60 instead. Anyone know why this is happening only using launch mode let me know! Fuel cutoff, blowout, limp mode for some reason... whatever... dunno :p Anyway ... 5.26 puts us at Stinger GT2 quickness @ 5 - 60mph anyhoo... not bad for a beta :p Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.54.36 AM.png

Attachments

Last edited:

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I love that 5-60 mph test since it removes launching from the equation. My best before I went back to stock was 4.1, easily on par with some of the German heavyhitters 💪.

As for your limpmode, sounds like it's triggering safety for some reason. Are you registered on the jb4 board? Any logs you can post there so Terry can help diagnose?

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #13
https://mechanicbase.com/engine/limp-mode/

"...The limp mode often reduces the power and limits the engine’s RPM to drive your car to a workshop without damaging the engine.
For example, if the engine control unit detects that your turbo boost pressure is 2.0 bar when the maximum boost pressure should be 1.3 bar.
Overboost may damage your pistons or other internal parts very fast, and therefore, the ECU limits the engine power."

Map 3 ~5 psi boost over stock.

Yes... I'm currently logging the runs and recording on video what's going on during the launch mode run specifically.... Around 4 of 5k rpm... it just stops accelerating... drops down to ~ 3 or 4 rpm then shifts and continues normally. This only happens when I use launch control and it happens intermittently. If i just hold the brake with a little gas (~2k rpms) ... it's fine... or do 5 - 60mph run. My other concern is that it may be the fuel pump when it's comes to running E20 - E30...? hmmm

When I had my 2020 GT AWD... my best on MAP 2 was ~ 4.16 ...

Dan00Hawk

Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Stinger GT Line 2.5T
Any updates on the JB4? I'm researching both the Lap3 and JB4 for the 2.5t platform currently. Plan on buying in a month or 2.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #16
Any updates on the JB4? I'm researching both the Lap3 and JB4 for the 2.5t platform currently. Plan on buying in a month or 2.
None so far... awaiting updates myself... Still don't know why I can't use launch control and have to resort to brake boosting off the line (for AWD ain't no thang...) Also the adapters would be nice... right now i have some electrical tape around them to hold in place :p When I'm running Map 3 and ~E30... i get 5 - 60 times in the 5.2s... which is what C&D got for a GT2. Not bad!

Dan00Hawk

Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thanks for the update! Hopefully they bring out the proper connectors soon...

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #18
Thanks for the update! Hopefully they bring out the proper connectors soon...
Do you have RWD or AWD? I really think the 2.5T is a major improvement and the handling is so much better overall. Doesn't feel like a waterbed ;)

Dan00Hawk

Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Do you have RWD or AWD? I really think the 2.5T is a major improvement and the handling is so much better overall. Doesn't feel like a waterbed ;)
I'm AWD, and love the car so far. About 9k miles on it, so ready to up the boost a little bit for some more oomph.

I did a test run with my new Dragy on my heavy snow tires and was able to squeeze out a best of 5.8 0-60. Need to find a better place to do a 1/4 mile run, as I think that is a better gauge of performance and improvements. I'll wait until I get my regular wheels and tires back on before getting a few baseline runs, but that probably won't be until March or April here in Northern Illinois.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #20
I'm AWD, and love the car so far. About 9k miles on it, so ready to up the boost a little bit for some more oomph.

I did a test run with my new Dragy on my heavy snow tires and was able to squeeze out a best of 5.8 0-60. Need to find a better place to do a 1/4 mile run, as I think that is a better gauge of performance and improvements. I'll wait until I get my regular wheels and tires back on before getting a few baseline runs, but that probably won't be until March or April here in Northern Illinois.
AWD drive here too! Did you use launch control doing a 0 - 60? If so... did you get fuel cut (feeling) @ 4k - 5k rpms... dropping down sum then shifting to 2nd?