Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Lost to a Black Challenger GT today...

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Well I was driving onto the expressway, and out of nowhere, this black challenger GT take the corner in the right lane (two going onto the expressway side by side stretch), and hits it onto the freeway. I caught up to him @ 120mph after I gave him an 1/8 mile head start... both slowed down to 75... then he put his flashers on and waved at me =) OH well... you snooze you lose :p I motioned him to go @ 3... but this time I'd be ready... well he didn't do nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Challenger GT has a 303 hp V6, a high 14 sec car and not a competitor for the Stinger GT. Even the 375 hp R/T isn't a match for the Stinger GT unless it's modded. Now the Scat Pack, SRT-8, etc. with the 485 hp engine, that's a different story ....

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I"m actually fond of the Scat Pack Challenger... haven't come across one of those yet. Realestate Agent I know bought a new GT and couldn't believe how fast it was ;) He came from a 2001 4 cylinder so this was a major shock to him in power I guess. But, he was telling me how he was rolling with an SS Camaro neck & neck. I tried to tell him it was probably a V6 Camaro (even then the V6 Camaro is faster). I"m sure the SS was just toying with him... like you said, it's a 14s car and no way was he neck & neck with an SS LOL!

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The Stinger can actually hang neck and neck with a Scat Pack Charger with just panel filters and exhaust. I’ve done it numerous times.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
The Stinger can actually hang neck and neck with a Scat Pack Charger with just panel filters and exhaust. I’ve done it numerous times.
Good to know! :)

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6

Challenger with Hellcat Box vs. Stinger GT with ECU Tuning & Catless... hmmmm

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Same type of mods... but this time from the Dig ;)

it was very close though!

... and another JB4 , downpipes, Map 1 91 Octane vs Challenger Scat Pack 6.4L

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
I don't know if it's me... but the stingers design sits low like a Maserati Ghibli... real sleek! I test drove a Challenger GT before and it felt like a loaf of bread ? :/ 2 square for me... (not saying it didn't handle good ... just the way it looked through the windshield and the way I was sitting). Rather have the Camaro between the 2 if I was going American muscle.... although the Dodge is more of a muscle car than the Mustang or Camaro they say which the latter 2 fall into the sports car category... Hmmmm

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0t
I don't know if it's me... but the stingers design sits low like a Maserati Ghibli... real sleek! I test drove a Challenger GT before and it felt like a loaf of bread ? :/ 2 square for me... (not saying it didn't handle good ... just the way it looked through the windshield and the way I was sitting). Rather have the Camaro between the 2 if I was going American muscle.... although the Dodge is more of a muscle car than the Mustang or Camaro they say which the latter 2 fall into the sports car category... Hmmmm
I've driven a 6 speed scat pack and all it does is roast the tires. Stingers have them on digs all day long!

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Interesting point about height, so I checked some models:

HEIGHT
KIA Stinger GT: 55.1 in
Maserati Ghibli: 57.5 in.
Dodge Challenger R/T: 57.5 in
Ford Mustang GT: 54.3 in
Chevrolet Camaro SS: 53.1 in

For me, I used to drive Mustangs because I liked the upright seating position as opposed to the Camaro.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #11
Interesting point about height, so I checked some models:

HEIGHT
KIA Stinger GT: 55.1 in
Maserati Ghibli: 57.5 in.
Dodge Challenger R/T: 57.5 in
Ford Mustang GT: 54.3 in
Chevrolet Camaro SS: 53.1 in

For me, I used to drive Mustangs because I liked the upright seating position as opposed to the Camaro.
Good Data there... wow the Ghibli overall looks lower but I never drove one... and resembles the stinger look (and motor TT V6) very much. Then again there's no headroom in that thing according to a review. Stinger is in the middle although it seems lower than all of them when you look at it. I bet the corvette gotta be lower than all them... let's see... yeah 49" :) The dodge was just like sitting in a box or something ...

Lowest of the low production cars:
  • Caterham R400 - 800mm (31.5in)
  • Saleen S7 - 1041mm (41in)
  • Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster - 1065mm (41.9in)
  • Koenigsegg CCX - 1120mm (44.1in)
Now this is what you call too low... LOL!

https://thenewswheel.com/modified-infiniti-m45-rides-so-low-it-has-no-floor/