Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Made 9k on my leased base awd stinger

Aarid

Reactions
City
Old Bridge
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger
Hello folks

I had leased a base awd stinger back in 2019 for 330 a month with 3k down. Good Old days! Lease was coming to an end now. Carmax was offering really good money but Kia is not allowing to sell to anyone but Kia dealers. And.... Well... Kia dealers (most if not all)...nowadays! Let's just say I couldn't find a new stinger in the color I liked or the Money I wanted to pay. Long story short I bought out the lease and sold to carmax. Made 9k! Buyout was 18k and change with taxes 20k. Got 29k+ from Carmax. Companies like carvana, Vroom, Rodo were paying 16k for it. Lol. At the end Stinger cost me $6 a day and I drove 36k hard miles.

Thought ya'all should know.

Finding a new car is a nightmare in this market but got a G70. Couldn't find a good deal in this market but atleast I had free money to make down payment.

I'll miss the stinger though!

Keep the RPMs high!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Now is definitely a great time to be a seller. I've had some insane offers on my GT2 but I'm holding on to it, for now. If I didn't loathe car dealers and car buying so much I would probably be in a new GT2 by now. But I'm having a hard time digesting paying more than I did 4 years ago, and mine was literally the first Stinger to arrive back in 2017.

Enjoy the G! 👍