Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

New rubber for the Stinger!

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Car is two years old, original Potenza RE97AS-02's down to 4/32 to 5/32 (snow performance has dwindled).

So I got a set of BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S PLUS put on. Rated very highly during Tire Rack tests, will let you know how it goes ...

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Good tire, let us know how it goes..

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I had the G-Force Comp-2 A/S on my wife’s car once. Only lasted 25k. Not enough tread life for a family sedan. Good grip though.

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #4
I had the G-Force Comp-2 A/S on my wife’s car once. Only lasted 25k. Not enough tread life for a family sedan. Good grip though.
I drove Mustang GT's, SHO's, etc., and the high performance OEM tires that came on those cars all lasted 20-25k. Nothing much you can do. The tires I just bought are the updated "PLUS" version, which has a revised compound for even better snow traction. And yesterday we got 1/2 foot of snow, and all I can say is that they were awesome. Seriously, they were that good!

Last edited:
OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #5
Guys, we just had another 7" of snow. The tires performed like a champ! Seriously, can not recommend this tire enough.

Here's the Dry/Wet test results from Tire Rack, along with Snow traction test results from their "non-Plus" version.
(Tire Rack has yet to Snow test the updated PLUS version, of which BF Goodrich says the PLUS was developed with even MORE snow traction!)

aa.jpg bb.jpg

IronGumby

Reactions
City
Cleveland
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0T AWD
Nice! Do you still stand by these findings after a couple more seasons? I am rethinking getting another set of OEM Potenzas for cheap