Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Tubi-Style problem

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hi all,

It's been a while since I Iast posted; I just passed the 2-year mark with my Stinger and still very happy with it. In 2018 I added a Tubi-Style exhaust which has performed very well since day one. This past week, upon returning home from a 6-day vacation I found my battery dead. I am fairly sure it is from the "always-on" Tubi ECU module which is directly connected to the battery. While I do need to look into getting it wired into the fusebox to prevent this happening again, I appear to have a new problem with the unit. The remote control doesn't seem to be working anymore. I say "doesn't seem to be" because when I press a button on the remote to change the damper position, the corresponding setting is updated on my Android phone which is also connected to the ECU via bluetooth. So I am thinking it may very well be working but it is no longer making the servos/motors move that physically moves the position of the dampers.

Has anyone else seen this issue and/or have any ideas I can be trying to resolve this? I have contacted Tubi but each email takes a day in response because they are in Italy.

Thanks.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
When you change the mode through your phone, does it open/ close the valves?

If it does then it could be that the remote needs to be paired/programmed again with the box.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
In regards to the dead battery, I ran the positive wire for the ECU all the way to the fuse box under the steering wheel. I used an add-a-circuit to one of the car charger ports that I never use. It will only allow the ECU power when the car is on or in accessory mode. Running the wire was also easy, I ran it under the rear seat and under the trim along the doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mjsteelega
Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Thread Starter #4
@robz32 unfortunately not, and my exhaust are stuck in the sport mode and the drone inside the cabin is driving both myself and my dog crazy. would you happen to have any ideas on how the dampers can be manually controlled? I have posed this question to the manufacturer but have not heard back yet.

@ceramicGT2AWD thanks for sharing how you wired it yours. I think that is the way to go. If you have any details on exactly where you connected the additional circuit, that would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
@robz32 unfortunately not, and my exhaust are stuck in the sport mode and the drone inside the cabin is driving both myself and my dog crazy. would you happen to have any ideas on how the dampers can be manually controlled? I have posed this question to the manufacturer but have not heard back yet.

@ceramicGT2AWD thanks for sharing how you wired it yours. I think that is the way to go. If you have any details on exactly where you connected the additional circuit, that would be very helpful and much appreciated.
You could try getting a flathead screwdriver and trying to move the valves manually when powered off. I will send you a picture of which circuit I added it to in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk