Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

ARK coilovers installed. 10-16-2019 2018 RWD GT2.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Hello, Stinger Family. I just had my ARK coilovers put on, already had ATQ steering collars, USA racing subframe connecters (f,m,r), eibach swaybars and whiteline adjustable sway bar end links & those were great. I put them all in at the same time 00000IMG_00000_BURST20191016020253123_COVER.jpg IMG_20191016_234646.jpg 00000IMG_00000_BURST20191016020253123_COVER.jpg IMG_20191016_234646.jpg . Now with these coilovers on and set at 6 clicks from the stiffest on front and rear it's a completely different car. Zero body roll, 75% of the front to rear squat on full throttle launches have been removed. The only thing I have to do still is bring the rear up to level as it is a hair below the front. But I'm going to wait until 2 weeks pass and I feel like the springs have settled. Then next is wheels.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Car is looking great(y), Hows the ride quality?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looks great man.
Need to get that camber dialed in on the rear. Did you get an alignment already?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Looks awesome. What a project. All at once. I don’t doubt it feels like a whole different car

OP
Nasty1
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
Car is looking great(y), Hows the ride quality?
It's amazing. But it's not like the factory sports setting was awful. I actually liked it but knew the proper coilovers that were set correctly would give me the road rally feel I was looking for. I can't say it's that Cadillac soft feel but it isn't a tank either. I may actually go 2 stiffer when they level it out.

OP
Nasty1
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #9
@robz32 Went to alignment shop. Camber was the only thing off and as I'm changing jobs (read working overlapping hours until the old one shuts down). I'm going to get it done next week as toe in/out was almost perfect. Also wanted the springs to settle completely and see how I like the front a bit higher(helps with front scrapes). I really actually only scrape the chassis bar tips on extreme declines and ever so often the front lip spoiler bottom side on occasion. Since I've already murdered the bottom of this lip spoiler and will replace it once I go widebody with a new one from SBM, I'm thinking of only going a 1/2 inch higher in the rear so it's level instead of 3/4 and have that slight rake towards the front.

Attachments

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Looks great Nasty1, what's the adjustment range on those coilovers? Does it feel stiffer than the stock springs?

@robz32 Went to alignment shop. Camber was the only thing off and as I'm changing jobs (read working overlapping hours until the old one shuts down). I'm going to get it done next week as toe in/out was almost perfect. Also wanted the springs to settle completely and see how I like the front a bit higher(helps with front scrapes). I really actually only scrape the chassis bar tips on extreme declines and ever so often the front lip spoiler bottom side on occasion. Since I've already murdered the bottom of this lip spoiler and will replace it once I go widebody with a new one from SBM, I'm thinking of only going a 1/2 inch higher in the rear so it's level instead of 3/4 and have that slight rake towards the front.