Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Gas Pedal All The Way Down - Click button

Reactions
Hello all, really enjoying my '19 Stinger GT Limited! Question: When I floor the gas, it feels as if there is a button or click when compressed all the way. The RPM climbs very high and stays there for a sec and won't shift right away with padal. Has anyone experienced this?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is known as the kick down switch. It basically tells the transmission to drop down one gear and rev all the way to almost 7k rpm to shift to the next gear.
Paddles will allow you to shift up manually before the 7k rpms.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
That is known as the kick down switch. It basically tells the transmission to drop down one gear and rev all the way to almost 7k rpm to shift to the next gear.
Paddles will allow you to shift up manually before the 7k rpms.
That makes sense now. Lol

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the reply robz32

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
You'll find the kickdown button in most German cars.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one ...

I have a '19 GT AWD with ~20k miles, and a few months ago I no longer started to feel that pronounced "click" in the kickdown mechanism.

Car still seems to be downshifting ok, so does that mean the mechanism is still working? Maybe clean around the area of the accelerator pedal switch?

Thanks.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one ...

I have a '19 GT AWD with ~20k miles, and a few months ago I no longer started to feel that pronounced "click" in the kickdown mechanism.

Car still seems to be downshifting ok, so does that mean the mechanism is still working? Maybe clean around the area of the accelerator pedal switch?

Thanks.
Interesting. My ‘18 GT with 48k still has the click. When it downshifts is it downshifting to the lowest possible gear for the speed, or just downshifting 1 or 2 gears?

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Interesting. My ‘18 GT with 48k still has the click. When it downshifts is it downshifting to the lowest possible gear for the speed, or just downshifting 1 or 2 gears?
Not 100% sure, will check and get back to you.

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
OK, I checked it out further. The kickdown mechanism is still there and functioning, but the "click" is definitely not as pronounced as when new.

I used my hand to depress the accelerator pedal and could feel some resistance at the kickdown point (you can do this even when the car is off), but the hard "clickiness" that was immediately noticeable when I bought the car is now rather subdued.

Next oil change I'll have the dealer look at it. Worse case scenario if they don't see it as a problem, I can just buy a new one.