Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

Pedal tuners?

Reactions
City
Ofallon
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT2
I have heard good things about pedal tuners. I have a 2021 Stinger GT2 AWD with JB4 map 3. What is the groups perspective on the best one?

BMS?
Power Commander?
Racechip?
Other?

Last edited:

ChaneRZ

Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
I have the BMS. I think they are on back ordered.

OP
jimboski10
Reactions
City
Ofallon
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4

ChaneRZ

Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Absolutely. You can dial the pedal sensitivity to your liking.

OP
jimboski10
Reactions
City
Ofallon
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #6
Absolutely. You can dial the pedal sensitivity to your liking.
Excellent...and thank you. If it makes driveability and response time better...looks like i need to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I have the Windbooster and can't say enough good about it. There are many modes to choose from, and each mode has up to 10 different levels of sensitivity. There's even a mode to disable the throttle altogether, in case someone tries to drive it without your permission.

They do come from China, but it arrives in a week's time. Worth every penny and worth the wait, though.

Reactions
City
Hercules
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I have used Pedal Commander on my Dodge Charger and I'm very happy with it. There is no delay in throttle response and I can choose different types of tuning. I am planning to install one for this Stinger. Here's a good review for pedal commander tuner : https://dodgego.com/best-tuner-for-dodge-charger/

Reactions
City
West Grove
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 Premium 3.3T AWD
I have the Windbooster and can't say enough good about it. There are many modes to choose from, and each mode has up to 10 different levels of sensitivity. There's even a mode to disable the throttle altogether, in case someone tries to drive it without your permission.

They do come from China, but it arrives in a week's time. Worth every penny and worth the wait, though.
I ordered a Wind Booster last week. I plan to use it through my phone generally. Been looking at several models for months, finally pulled the trigger. I'm looking forward to finding that elusive sweet spot of response and driveability.

TheSenator

Reactions
City
East Perth
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT
Is this something that can be actually "tuned" in given it's Throttle by wire? I know on the GM cars you have full access to these as tunable tabls *peddle sensitivity* - because at the end of the day a Throttle Tuner is just a potentiometer that takes x amount of input volts and boosts it to y.... like putting your foot further down. It can't take out turbo lag....

Reactions
City
West Grove
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 Premium 3.3T AWD

I installed a Wind Booster unit on my G90 a week ago, it certainly improves the pedal response. I have to check it out on the proverbial left hand turn lag at intersections to be sure it is all it's supposed to be BUT on country roads and four lane highways you can set it up to be very responsive, almost too responsive for this driver. I like having an app on the phone to adjust the unit as I plan to hide it above the pedal so it's not visible and in the way.