Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

2023 G90 Lemon!

c195guy

Reactions
City
Monee
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G90
Hi all, new to the forum. I purchased my second G90 in March of 2023, had a 2018 Ultimate first and loved it. No issues in 80k miles except a terrible time with tires and alignment and an interior temp control sensor that went out for $800...all in all not bad really (except expensive tire changes all the time) - so I took the plunge with a 2023 G90 and LOVED every second of it...until the issues started. First the rear LED screen and UV lights went out. That was a 3 week repair that caused the dealer to remove both back seats, tunnel and rear console. Major repair to get the screen trouble shot and replaced. Then a rattle developed at low RPM, 1200-1400 in the torque band. It was like a grunt and once I became aware of it I couldn't stop hearing it. It happens on the overrun as well but less apparent. There were two other electrical gremlins as well: the daylight savings time box keeps checking itself, causing the clock to be off an hour AND the passenger side seat control on the driver's side would not move the seat to rest position, would only move the seat back to 90 degrees instead of folding flat in the well. The pass side and rear control worked fine for the seat.

First the dealer (Genesis of North Aurora, IL - stand alone G dealer) tried to see if a cat converter shield or something was loose on the underside - no dice. Then they thought that the glovebox was it, nope. Field engineer is called out, he says remove the lower dash, then the upper dash, airbags, console, tunnel, etc. etc. No solution. After that he advises to drop the motor and trans out the bottom to check the firewall. At that point (6 weeks in) I opened a consumer case with Genesis. We're at 9 weeks now, almost 10 and they agreed to buy the car back. No lawyers involved. I have not gotten my offer yet but I'm sure it will be more than fair based on what I see online.

Now the question is; what do I buy? I really LOVE the G90 - but man this just ruined it for me! To top it off the cheap interest rate I had is now gone thanks to the fed and so it will cost me more in interest to get a new one. Reading on Facebook groups the Genesis line seems to have some quality and service issues, although I love the dealership I'm at and haven't had any trouble really - it does take weeks to line up an appt and loaner, no concierge service, etc. I really don't know if I can do another Genesis. Looking for feedback from other 2023-2024 G90 owners on the car experience so far, issues, etc. If I just got a lemon fine, but I really feel like there might be some systemic issues with Genesis as a whole and the amount of tech in the G90 is downright scary. Its good if it works, but wow when it doesn't!

SW51

Reactions
City
Fallston
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G90
Tell me more about the rattle/grunt in the torque band if you can. I just got a new 23G90 at a VERY good price as they make room for the 24s. Anyway, I love the car with a minor exception..seems at 40ish MPH and around 1250 RPM I get almost a lugging feel like it should be in a lower gear just a bit longer. Any acceleration and it disappears. Other than that and an issue with the app and my driver profile not syncing I think it drives great. Customer Service from Genesis USA has sucked for 3 weeks as I keep emailing them about the sync issue. First world issue I know but I certain it can't be that hard to fix.

lousy lori

Reactions
City
montgomery
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 g90
We have a G90 2021 that had electrical issues within a few weeks of purchase as well as engine failure in Oct 2023 with 27000. We are still waiting for repairs to be done. Genesis has refused compensations for our loss of value, warranty, depreciation. We are forced to seek legal action

lousy lori

Reactions
City
montgomery
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 g90
Hi all, new to the forum. I purchased my second G90 in March of 2023, had a 2018 Ultimate first and loved it. No issues in 80k miles except a terrible time with tires and alignment and an interior temp control sensor that went out for $800...all in all not bad really (except expensive tire changes all the time) - so I took the plunge with a 2023 G90 and LOVED every second of it...until the issues started. First the rear LED screen and UV lights went out. That was a 3 week repair that caused the dealer to remove both back seats, tunnel and rear console. Major repair to get the screen trouble shot and replaced. Then a rattle developed at low RPM, 1200-1400 in the torque band. It was like a grunt and once I became aware of it I couldn't stop hearing it. It happens on the overrun as well but less apparent. There were two other electrical gremlins as well: the daylight savings time box keeps checking itself, causing the clock to be off an hour AND the passenger side seat control on the driver's side would not move the seat to rest position, would only move the seat back to 90 degrees instead of folding flat in the well. The pass side and rear control worked fine for the seat.

First the dealer (Genesis of North Aurora, IL - stand alone G dealer) tried to see if a cat converter shield or something was loose on the underside - no dice. Then they thought that the glovebox was it, nope. Field engineer is called out, he says remove the lower dash, then the upper dash, airbags, console, tunnel, etc. etc. No solution. After that he advises to drop the motor and trans out the bottom to check the firewall. At that point (6 weeks in) I opened a consumer case with Genesis. We're at 9 weeks now, almost 10 and they agreed to buy the car back. No lawyers involved. I have not gotten my offer yet but I'm sure it will be more than fair based on what I see online.

Now the question is; what do I buy? I really LOVE the G90 - but man this just ruined it for me! To top it off the cheap interest rate I had is now gone thanks to the fed and so it will cost me more in interest to get a new one. Reading on Facebook groups the Genesis line seems to have some quality and service issues, although I love the dealership I'm at and haven't had any trouble really - it does take weeks to line up an appt and loaner, no concierge service, etc. I really don't know if I can do another Genesis. Looking for feedback from other 2023-2024 G90 owners on the car experience so far, issues, etc. If I just got a lemon fine, but I really feel like there might be some systemic issues with Genesis as a whole and the amount of tech in the G90 is downright scary. Its good if it works, but wow when it doesn't!
I would never buy another Genesis. We have 2 new ones, 2021 and our G90 had engine failure at 27000 miles in October 2023. We at this date are still waiting for repairs to be completed. This is not the only G90 to have the same issues with engine failure. The Genesis corporation has refused to compensate us for our losses.