Welcome to the #1 Genesis G90 Forum and Genesis G90 community dedicated to Genesis G90 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G90 Forum today!

2023 G90 electrical problem

leaddude

Reactions
City
Wright City
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Genesis G90
In late July 2023, I tried to start my 2023 G90. The engine turned over, but the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. All the idiot lights lit up, and there was a large warning that said: STOP ENGINE and check brake system. It would not let me disengage the E-brake, so I shut down the engine and let it set for awhile, An hour later, the car started normally without any drama, and brakes worked as expected. Then, an hour later,it happened again. Fortunately, the car was in my driveway, I called Genesis Services, they confirmed the error messages and arranged for towing to the nearest dealership (40 miles). After 12 days, they declared a short in the main sensor, and they replaced it. I picked the car up (it was covered under warranty and today, week later, the exact same problem occurs again. Same warning to stop engine and check brake system.

By 4 o'clock today, the problem disappeared. Any ideas?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard, sorry you're having that problem. One word, Lemon, this is why they have lemon laws. I would have them replace the car with a new one.

Last edited:

Tldglobal

Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 g90 supercharger
In late July 2023, I tried to start my 2023 G90. The engine turned over, but the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. All the idiot lights lit up, and there was a large warning that said: STOP ENGINE and check brake system. It would not let me disengage the E-brake, so I shut down the engine and let it set for awhile, An hour later, the car started normally without any drama, and brakes worked as expected. Then, an hour later,it happened again. Fortunately, the car was in my driveway, I called Genesis Services, they confirmed the error messages and arranged for towing to the nearest dealership (40 miles). After 12 days, they declared a short in the main sensor, and they replaced it. I picked the car up (it was covered under warranty and today, week later, the exact same problem occurs again. Same warning to stop engine and check brake system.

By 4 o'clock today, the problem disappeared. Any ideas?

Tldglobal

Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 g90 supercharger
I had a similar experience where I tried to start my g90 escape and the battery was dead. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it cranked normally. This has happened twice. Then the 3rd time I was getting my car detailed and they had the doors opened to clean the inside and by the time they finished detailing the car the battery was dead again. I tried cranking the car and nothing. Waited a few moments and it started right up. I checked the Genesis app and there is a DSC warning that was reported. Also there is a ⚠️ that will not turn off. Now all my tires are reading low pressure but the right amount air is in the tires. I am assuming the TPMS are gone bad which is weird on a brand new car. I had the car special ordered in March. To date I only have 3k miles to have these issues is disheartening.

OP
L

leaddude

Reactions
City
Wright City
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
Genesis G90
Thread Starter #5
This second time the local Dealer kept the car for 30 days...(they gave me a nice loaner).. they could not replicate the problem at the dealership after repeated attempts, so I took the car back. After 3 weeks at home, no problems. It will be awhile until I can trust the vehicle on a long trip, but we've been driving it almost daily.
---- It fixed itself, maybe?
Puzzled in Missouri